As the number of ICOs increase on the NEO blockchain, there is also a corresponding rise in the tokens available to your digital wallet. One new token on the NEO blockchain is Master Contract Token (MCT). The MCT is a NEP-5 cryptocurrency which allows third-party smart contracts to receive, send or hold the token. If you have a NEON wallet and you have not added this token to it, here’s your opportunity to include this token to your wallet by learning how to with this DIY tutorial.
A step-by-step tutorial on How to Add MCT to Your NEON Wallet
Make sure you have updated Neon Wallet
Neon Wallet Github: Download
- The first thing you need to know how to add MCT to your NEON wallet is to open your NEON wallet app and then select “Manage Neon Settings”.
2. Next, you will need to click on the “Manage Tokens” button on the Settings page.
3. Once there you will see tokens that have been listed already. The NEP-5 tokens you will expect to see include RPX. QLC, DBC and RHT. You then need to click on the “Add a new token” button in order to customise the token list to include Master Contract Token (MCT).
4. Once you are on a vacant token slot, you should then add the scripthash for Master Contract Token (MCT). This scripthash is: (a87cc2a513f5d8b4a42432343687c2127c60bc3f)
5. You can copy this scripthash from a memo or document file on your device so that you can paste it into the empty token slot under the “Add a new token” drop-down menu.
6. Input the scripthash onto the token slot manually or paste the MCT scripthash and then click on the “Save” button.
7. You will be taken back to the home page of the NEON wallet where you will need to login in order to see MCT listed as a token on your NEON wallet. To get more details about the token, just click on the “i” to view token information. Note: the token may take between 1 and 2 minutes before it is displayed, so be patient!
If you want to add the MCT to your NEON wallet it’s as easy as A, B, C. It is really a DIY and anyone can do it easily by following the instructions in this tutorial. There are so many new ICOs joining the NEO blockchain so be sure that you may have to repeat this process for other digital assets as well.